This detailed, hands-on information supplies the technical and conceptual data you want to construct cool functions with Microsoft’s Kinect, the superb motion-sensing machine that permits computer systems to see. By means of half a dozen meaty initiatives, you’ll learn to create gestural interfaces for software program, use movement seize for simple 3D character animation, 3D scanning for customized fabrication, and plenty of different functions.
Good for hobbyists, makers, artists, and avid gamers, Making Issues See reveals you learn how to construct each mission with cheap off-the-shelf elements, together with the open supply Processing programming language and the Arduino microcontroller. You’ll be taught primary expertise that may allow you to pursue your individual inventive functions with Kinect.
- Create Kinect functions on Mac OS X, Home windows, or Linux
- Observe individuals with pose detection and skeletonization, and use blob monitoring to detect objects
- Analyze and manipulate level clouds
- Make fashions for design and fabrication, utilizing 3D scanning know-how
- Use MakerBot, RepRap, or Shapeways to print 3D objects
- Delve into movement monitoring for animation and video games
- Construct a easy robotic arm that may imitate your arm actions
- Uncover how expert artists have used Kinect to construct fascinating initiatives